InnovateHer Africa (IHA) is a Non Profit that uses technology to empower girls and women through many wide array of programs such as trainings, internships and community.
The Non-profit was born out of the diversity and inclusion initiatives at Outbox that were focused on driving more female participation in technology. These included girl geek kampala and the Women Passion program. Innovate Her Africa seeks to build on that momentum by hosting learning programs to equip girls and women with skillsets in tech that range from business analysis to software development.
Visit http://innovateherafrica.org for more details
What it takes to join Innovate Her Africa
- The desire to grow your career in the tech space
- The desire to share your knowledge with others
What we do, as Innovate Her Africa
- We deliver free monthly training sessions on a given technology or platform;
- Activated sessions that are weekly coding meetups/mentorship sessions;
- We link girls and women in our programs to opportunities that exist within the ecosystem;
- We deliver sustained trainings over a period of 12 weeks focused on in-depth learning on given software tools