Our job is to bring together the infrastructure, people, knowledge and capital that supports African Entrepreneurs through the growth of inclusive communities that foster talent and create value where we operate. We take a deliberate approach to how we support Small and Growing businesses, by differentiating our programs based on their unique needs, walking the lonely entrepreneurship journey with them, and capturing our learnings for the benefit of the next entrepreneur we might meet.
We have the best learning communities in the startup ecosystem in Uganda and utilize that competency to distribute our expertise beyond our walls. We strongly believe in the potential of technology to provide an unfair advantage to any business when used for good, and as such focus on supporting digital entrepreneurs first.
Over the last seven (7) years, we have brought together the best people, companies, Government and knowledge (best practice) for our entrepreneurs to succeed – which is why we believe we are best placed to guide our ecosystem forward.
As an Administrative support associate, you will play a key role in ensuring the success of a pilot project for one of our startups over the next four months in three districts of Uganda. The startup is in the business of building digital supply chain technologies in Health. You will be a key point of contact with frequent engagements with multiple stakeholders, including the project team at Outbox. You are expected to travel at-least 40% of the time out of office. The initial contract period is four months, with an opportunity for a full-time engagement.
- Act as the project’s first point of contact for any queries and answer internal and external calls promptly and politely;
- Build, liaise and sustain relationships with the project team, external stakeholders and the general public on behalf of Outbox and our startup;
- Manage the development, coordination and delivery of the project work-plan, ensuring that activities are being implemented and targets are being met;
- Provide administrative support to the project team;
- Coordinate logistics for the project team meetings and field activities including catering, refreshments, venue bookings, stationary, to mention but a few;
- Coordinate and support with field travel arrangements that include accommodation bookings, concept notes, meeting agenda, expense reports, transportation, etc.;
- Manage meeting agendas and take notes. Maintain and organization of files, and records within G-suite, internal intranet platforms;
- Facilitate internal communication within the team, and external communication with stakeholders and social media platforms as per the approved communication guidelines or documents;
- Any other duties that might be assigned
- A Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field;
- At-least 3 year’s work experience in a related role and communications (written and spoken);
- Experience with using digital tools for documentation and communication, preferably online tools that include G-suite, Facebook, Twitter, Slack etc
- Demonstrated interpersonal, prioritization and time management skills
- Demonstrated service-oriented experience and self-organization
- Demonstrated experience to get work done, even under pressure
Date of Expiry
Location (Town, District, Country)
How to Apply
Send your Cover letter and C.V to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject: "Administrative Associate and [Your name]"